Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2011, everybody! Let's hope it's a good one. Today also marks the official start of my 365 Project, which means the "practice" tag is no more! This is the real deal, baby! To kick things off this morning (since I haven't technically taken any photos yet), let's see the last of the practice shots. So... the NEXT post will be the real deal. Sorry for getting you all excited.

First up: bananas. (Warning to the hungry: yesterday's theme was FOOD.) I know I'm weird, but I will only eat bananas when they're still fairly green. Those mushy, spotty ones just look gross. THESE are perfect:

This second shot was almost my daily favorite. I like the celebratory nature of the colors and the wonderful... chocolatey-ness of the chocolate. Mmm, chocolate...

Mixed nuts (and perhaps raisins... I didn't look very hard):

I thought about editing this one but decided against it for two reasons. 1: I didn't really know what to do with it. 2: I kind of like the way the shadow falls, because it almost makes it look like a tunnel or a cave just filled with mushrooms.

NOT FOOD. I got my nails done yesterday, and while I was waiting on mom to finish (she took forever), I randomly took this shot. I didn't think it would turn out, but I kinda like the shininess and blur.

Yesterday's favorite (by a narrow margin) is this picture of tomatoes. It is reminiscent of my pomegranate photo, which is probably why I like it.


And there you have it, folks, the last of the practice shots. Maybe this evening or maybe tomorrow, I'll have the first of my REAL 365 photos up. You can see the daily favorite over at my page, so I won't upload that one here. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment