Saturday, January 29, 2011

Summer Comes Early

Today was beautiful. The weather was great - about seventy degrees and sunny. I got tons of great photos and had a terrible time choosing which was my favorite. Please enjoy:

The roses along the front of the house have had a hard time this winter.

I've wanted a picture of this bench for a while, and this is not what I was going for. It's still an interesting perspective, though.

Yay for macro mode! (Which I've always thought is a real misnomer... tiny things should be MICRO, no?)

I keep trying to recreate this great shot of my sister's, and I haven't quite gotten it right yet. Watch for progress:

It's my sweet baby Duchess. She loves to have her photo taken and will always look at the camera.

A rather ominous-looking shot of St. Francis, who watches over our front yard.

I really wanted to post this as my favorite for the day and probably will use it later in the week. Mom helped me decide, and she said this one hurt her eyes.

It must have been there for a while, but I only just noticed these little weeds growing under our park bench.

The many leaves that have collected in our (no longer functional) fountain, glimmering in the wonderful sunshine:

We have a lot of BIG holly bushes along the front of the house, but this leaf is growing on a little one that has sprouted in front of the others.

I call this one "Sassy Shadow." I loved the shadow my skirt was casting, so I struck a pose and photographed myself! A new twist on the self-portrait.

The rest of today's were taken inside, before I knew how nice it was outside. Here, I'm revisiting a favorite subject of mine: the blue drinking glass. I love the sort of wavy, distorted look of this one.

This one's sharper but has a different feeling... I'm getting ripples. You?

It is hard to express just how much I love crossword puzzles. I downloaded an app on my phone that gives me seven or eight new ones every day, and I'm absolutely in heaven.

Another revisit: the compass. I like the reflective surface of my whiteboard and the great light it provides.

I feel really good about today's photographs. The weather is probably to thank, so I hope it continues! Thanks for reading, everybody (or just Emily... you're the only one who comments, anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment