Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow?

More like ice, mostly. I could hear it coming down as I drifted off to sleep last night. I woke up around 11:30 and stepped outside to take these photos.

Very similar to today's favorite - drops of water frozen in place as they drip off the holly bushes. I love the sparkle and shine in this photo.

The edge of a cute little bench we have, covered in a thin layer of ice. It almost looks like the glaze on a donut to me (or is that just because I didn't have breakfast?).

Another icy edge, this time of the stairs leading to the front porch. It looks treacherous, but really the ice crushes as soon as you set foot on it.

I saw this leaf on my car and immediately thought it really summed up the day. Everything is covered in snow-like ice, even this poor little leaf.

I had hoped this one would turn out better than it did... maybe I should have cleared the stepping stones of debris before I shot it. But I like the idea of a snow-covered path. (Even if it is really ice.)

And finally... a photo that I feel really sums up the ridiculousness of the panic we saw yesterday. Honestly, folks, if you can still see the grass, I think you're okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment