Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hi There, Thursday!

Y'all, it's MARIO Day. Or I should say: MAR10. (MAR as in March; the 10th!) I wrote that on the board in English today and everybody was all excited when they figured it out. Alas, I took no pictures of Mario or related characters (although I did eat some Mario gummy snacks). In fact, I took exactly one picture today, so it went to the project site. Here's yesterday, though, and Tuesday!

Okay... weird. It's only letting me add them one at a time. Oh well. Here's one I LOVE - the keypad on a pay phone, which I found in a local high school.

Playing around with reflections in puddles, since Tuesday was so rainy!

My orthodontist's office is doing one of those things where you guess how many jelly beans are in the jar. I so wanted to go all nerdy and calculate the volume of the beans and all.

This didn't turn out nearly as awesomely as I thought it would - the illuminated stop sign on the school bus. That's Rachel's shoulder there - hi Rachel!

Yesterday it was like, time to go to bed and I realized I hadn't taken any photos. That's only happened to me a couple of times. So I just wandered around the kitchen photographing anything I could find. Here's my watchband (with a pencil sharpener in the background! yay!).

Dusty earbud... I promise it's dust and not, like, ear crud. These have been coiled up behind the mixer for weeks (which also tells you how often we use our mixer). I LOVE LOVE LOVE the focus here.

This could have been cooler... it's the inside of a cute little vase. About a third of the way through Sunday's post, you can see it with some little flowers inside.

MAN, I love Starburst candies. Too much, I think. I now seem to be collecting the wrappers here by my computer (and of course they're organized by color - I probably ate them that way, I'm so neurotic).

This one called for some serious white balancing, but I just couldn't get it to work out. So you get a sort of pinky-tinged photo. Congratulations!

Like I said, I was photographing totally random things. This is my brother's pill container. (Ooh, betcha didn't know I have a brother, did you? He's 27.)

This totally needed to be black and white (actually I used the "aged newspaper" tool in Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, set to about 10 years) because the backdrop I used was a glaringly yellow spiral notebook.

There ya go! I'll try to have another post Sunday afternoon, before we set off that evening for New York. Those'll be some fun photos! I don't know if I'll be able to post while I'm in the city - to hotel computers generally have memory card slots? Maybe they do in New York. Anything's possible. (Actually we're staying in New Jersey. *facepalm*) Be on the lookout!

No comments:

Post a Comment