Monday, March 21, 2011

Busy Weekend

There's been a lot to do to catch up this weekend, but I think I'm finally there. Here are the pictures I've taken since I got home (starting with yesterday's):

Our plum tree, which just a couple of weeks ago had such pretty pink blooms, now looks like this. But these wilted flowers have a kind of beauty of their own:

Plum leaves against my hand - I was just going to use this to set the focus (because it's hard to focus on something as little as a flower, I sometimes pick something more solid to calibrate the camera), but I couldn't resist the sharpness of the leaves. And yes, I'm really that pale.

Mom's not here, so I can't pretend to know what this is. All I know is this: it's a gigantic bush right outside my bedroom window that will soon explode with these deep pink blooms.

This one, however, has already arrived! I love having pretty flowers in front of our house, but they sure do attract the bees! Big bees, too - they're weird.

I love pretend-macro shots... who knows what I'd come up with if I actually had a DSLR with a macro lens?

This is way too cool, y'all. I found it at Hobby Lobby: a box made to look like a Rubik's Cube! These are horrible pictures, yes, because I knew there was one more vacation pic I wanted to post on the project site, but I'm so excited!

The only thing that kind of bugs me is that all the sides look the same, so it's impossible to arrange a real Rubik's Cube into this same pattern.

So that's Sunday and Saturday. I actually did take a photo on Friday, too, a pretty cute one. But my computer hates me and decided to delete it without asking me. So just know that it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment