Sunday, March 27, 2011

Camp (and Jello)

Happy Sunday, everybody. Here are Friday's and Saturday's photos.

First, the Jello. I love it when we have Jello at lunch, especially red.

My hands are way too shaky for this to ever be in focus.

After school we came home and had about fifteen minutes to finish packing for camp. Then we headed over to a fellow Girl Scout's house so her mom could drive us there. Their yard is a photographer's dream!

Andreia thought I was odd for taking this one... but honestly, I'm used to that by now!

This pine cone is ENORMOUS! It's like, six inches tall!

I like the dark feel to this one... and that mysterious red light intrigues me. I think it's from the car.

When we arrived at camp, after unloading our bags, my troop decided to take a walk to the nature center and hang out on the dock out back.

There were many interesting plants growing nearby, and lots of spiderwebs!

This is Lake Alice, at sunset. Beautiful, eh?

Me being who I am, I couldn't ignore this cute little nail.

More macro. What can I say? It's my favorite!

This hinge looks like it's barely holding on.

The sky was so pretty, and how could I resist those bare trees?

Dinner time! We roasted hot dogs, and then marshmallows for s'mores.

The younger girls really enjoyed cooking over the fire, and they were quite content to let me take pictures!

Fast-forward to breakfast, where Kirsten discovered this gem among our fruit selection. It looked like three strawberries fused together!

These were growing on the driveway up to our cabins.

The gumballs were everywhere! Betsy tells me this picture is freaky, but I like it.

In the morning, the water was very calm and allowed me to get this pretty photo of the bridge to Seminole Island.

And there's me, hanging over the edge! I love to play with reflections.

This was on a ladder at the climbing wall. I've never made it past about 8 feet before, but yesterday I made it all the way to the top - over fifty feet! I was so proud of myself.

Around noon, though, the sky started getting darker and the wind picked up.

My group was supposed to go for a hike, but we didn't want to get caught in the rain.

So we just took a little mini-hike on a shortcut we know from the pool to one of the lodges.

We made Kelsey go first, to clear the spiderwebs from the stairs!

After a little while, we made it back. We were staying in Creek, because another camp program was using Chickasaw.

Our final activity would have been a craft. They were making headbands with all kinds of cute beads and buttons to decorate.

Our troop leader wanted us to leave early, though, because if a tornado warning was issued (and we were already under a watch by then), we wouldn't be allowed to leave camp.

So Betsy and I just spent a little time watching the younger girls work. Some of them had a real eye for color!

When I got home, I discovered that our dogs had had a little too much fun with Clifford the Big Red Dog. This is poor Clifford's ear...!

This falls under the category of no-story-here-I-just-thought-it-was-pretty. It's the cup we use to scoop dog food.

This was actually taken this morning. I know it's blurry but it's so cute! Mr. Baggins, Daisy, and Frank all piled into the same bed next to the dryer.

That'll do it for now! See you all later with more fabulousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment