Friday, April 08, 2011

Tis Friday At Last

And boy, am I glad. It doesn't feel like Friday, though. All my days have felt "off" recently. But it's a rather big day - I finished my latest journal! For those who don't know: I began keeping a journal in the middle of 8th grade, in a 9x6 "Ideal Book." I filled that one and had by then gotten rather attached to the whole writing thing and so I bought another one. And another one. And so on. The one I just finished is the sixth, so tomorrow I get to start lucky number seven! I'm very excited. Look for photos to appear soon. In the meantime, here are yesterday's and today's:

I got home yesterday afternoon and realized I hadn't taken any photos, so I grabbed my camera and headed out to the yard. These little things are POLLEN. I hate pollen. *sniff*

Most of these lovely green shoots are gladiolas, which are spreading like wildfire amid the tulips.

Hmm... I wonder what this one would look like with a tilt-shift effect added? I've been kinda into tilt-shift lately...

The purple daisies have bitten the dust, so we got some new pink ones!

This one had just been watered, so I managed to capture some of the drops of water on the petals:

This plum tree always looks like fall in the spring:

Its leaves range from this sort of pea green to a deep reddish purple.

Of course, it's an ornamental plum tree, which means this is the extent of the fruit it produces:

Hey, I photographed a red thing without it being overexposed! I achieved this feat by adjusting the exposure compensation on my camera. Hooray for technology!

Boy, did I have to coax my camera into focusing on this guy. It's such a pretty little bud, though!

We have some wild strawberries growing in our yard! They're very small and I think they're poisonous, but it is fun to look at them!

Another mini-forest scene, this time cannas. When they get bigger, they'll produce pretty red flowers.

Tomorrow is day ninety-nine! After that I'll be starting a 30-day challenge I found on the project website, which you can read about here. Until then, DON'T FORGET TO BE AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment