Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's Today!

And the only pictures I have for you are from... wait for it... TODAY! I'm so cool. Here they are:

First, to mark the date. I had plenty of ideas and knew I'd take a more interesting photo than this, but I still did it. The angle appeals to me.

More book hearts! I told you I'd come back to this. And with tomorrow being Valentine's Day and this week's 365 theme being hearts, how could I not?

I like the bit of the text that you can see in this one: "angels' wings" on the left and "I have the power" on the right. Very uplifting, and I didn't even mean to do it!

This is the book I used for the hearts, Rebel Angels by Libba Bray. It is undeniably fantastic - you must read it immediately.

I tried some really cool stuff with this lens, but in the end my camera simply wouldn't cooperate (regular readers will remember that I have a very unruly camera). So here's a simple shot of a lens and its cap, backlit by my creepily glowing blinds.

Along with the old camera and lenses that used to belong to my dad, I also have this cute little mini-tripod. I can't really figure out how to attach it to the camera, but that's okay! It's still cute!

And finally, a shot similar to today's favorite. I've seen this done with various items: matches, markers, etc. So I just had to try it out to kick off my "hearty" week. It's not the best, since I prefer taking natural shots to having to set them up, but I like it. I really like it.

Random note: psychology is a powerful thing, y'all. I made some microwave fettuccine alfredo for dinner, which of course my aunt said looked anemic. She's always saying things look anemic. So to appease her (and also because I thought it would be cool), I got out the green food coloring and added a few drops. Boy, was that a mistake. Don't get me wrong - it tasted just fine. But the psychological aspect was almost more than I could bear. Seriously, kids: don't try this at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment