Monday, February 07, 2011

Get Your Sexy On

That title actually has no relevance whatsoever to the contents of this blog post. It's just what my sister is listening to right now. Actually it just changed to Katy Perry's "Hot 'N Cold." Anyway... on with the pictures, eh?

I call this one "Wall of Trig." Most people would be terrified if they encountered this, but to me... it looks pretty fun. It's because I'm an extreme nerd. More on that at the end of this post.

When I got home from school today, gray clouds were rolling across the sky and the wind was tossing my hair about in a most delightful manner. I couldn't resist taking this photo of the bare trees - my very favorite winter image.

Okay, this is a totally weird story. I was trying to focus on some sort of weed in the yard, but my freaking camera just wouldn't do it. So I held the shutter-button halfway down to maintain whatever depth of focus I had achieved and went in search of something else to photograph. This leaf seemed nice. But wait...

After I took that picture, I let the camera go back to doing whatever it wanted to do, which is all it ever does anyway. I took a picture from the exact same position of the exact same leaf. And I got this:

Freaky, eh? Such different moods, and I didn't even mean to do it! I only took the second one because I feared the first would be blurry. So now I suspect that the half-shutter-button-press sets not only focus but also white balance. See? You learn something new every day.

Okay, the nerd thing. A couple of weeks ago the newspaper staff at school sent around this survey thingy that would match you up with potential boyfriends or whatever. Starting today they were returning the results at lunch, and when I got mine I just about died from laughing. It lists the top ten most compatible matches in the school, and y'all, my #10 was REMUS LUPIN. (If you're not in stitches right now, get off my blog.) All I know about this kid is that he's in the ninth grade, but I must find him because I LOVE HIM. That kid is my freaking hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment