Sunday, July 24, 2011

Only A Week! I Call This Improvement

Hi there! I'm here to share my photographs with you! Except I'm really supposed to be vacuuming my room so I'm gonna go do that and I'll be right back!

... *roar of the vacuum is heard* ...

Okay, so here I am again! Pictures, pictures, where did I put the pictures...? There they are! Here:

One of the windows outside the local elementary school, along with a lovely tree:

A figurine of two sisters having a chat (this needs white balancing, doesn't it?):

AWESOME sunlight on some pretty purple flowers that fell off our tree:

A rather odd-looking pink zinnia from the mailbox garden:

This is SOOC, I promise - I probably should have turned down the exposure before I took this!

Returning to an old favorite, the baseball:

Two other figurines, lit by sunlight streaming in the front door:

Mr. Baggins' favorite squeaky dragon:

The lovely cloudy sky (and a bit of a nice tree, too):

A bit from the bottom of my family tree; by the way, I have a few notes on that subject. Please stay tuned after this broadcast for a special announcement.

My ticket for DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2! Such an awesome movie...

Snape's last words... :'(

It rained rather hard for just a little bit yesterday afternoon, and I took this picture through the window over the kitchen sink:

FORK. I'm always the one who has to set the table for dinner, because I'm to OCD to trust anyone else to do it. Some days are worse than others, but I'm always pretty picky.

Okay, I think that's it - now for the special addendum to the Harry Potter Family Tree. I have two(ish) notes:

1. Marius or Cassiopeia (third generation from the top) may have had a child called Araminta Meliflua who tried to legalize Muggle hunting. She's only referenced as Sirius' mum's cousin, though, so that actually leaves quite a lot of possibilities, even if we only consider FIRST cousins. For instance, we don't know if Irma Crabbe (Sirius' grandma) had any siblings; we can assume she had at least one brother to carry on the Crabbe name, so Araminta might come from that side of the family.

2. Also, Lord Voldemort is descended (through the Gaunts) from Cadmus Peverell, original owner of the Resurrection Stone. Cadmus' brother Ignotus, original owner of the Cloak of Invisibility, is an ancestor of the Potter family. Ergo, Voldemort is related to Harry and should therefore appear on this family tree (along with the rest of the Gaunts and the Riddles).
Building from that, both Salazar Slytherin (ancestor of the Gaunts) and Godric Gryffindor (ancestor of the Potters) should also be included.

By the by... if you have no idea what I'm talking about, look down to the next post. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment