Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July in Monochrome

Over on 365project.org, in late June, somebody started a thread and suggested that we do a black and white challenge for July. All photos must be black and white. I thought, "Hey, this sounds fun. I hardly ever do black and white. What a great opportunity to improve my skills in that area!" And so far, it's going pretty well. I've begun shooting specifically for black and white, whereas before I would just shoot a good picture and convert it without thinking. I can't wait to see the results of this little experiment at the end of the month.

EDIT: I should note that I do not, by any means, convert ALL my photos to black and white. Mostly just the ones I upload to the project site. I could never do a month completely without color!

July has so far been more relaxed than June - hanging with friends, attending the occasional band/choir concert, reading, and generally having a good time. Here's a sampling of what I've got:

This necklace is so cute but it drives me crazy! Five separate charms on five separate chains, all connected by the same clasp? Whose bright idea was this?

Taken this past Friday just before Betsy and I headed out with our boyfriends for Trivia Night at a local cafe:

I took this one at the aforementioned concert! Betsy was asked by a local church to participate in a patriotic concert they were doing, and I took this just before the program began.

Hey, it's my actual 365 picture for the fifth! I just think it's pretty awesome and wanted to share it with you guys too:

This makes me smile. :) I took it at Lowe's when we were there to buy zinnias and ceiling fans.

Taken TODAY! I got some new lipstick, in a shade called "All Heart." It's a little dark, but I think it makes me look quite sophisticated. ;)

I call this the PIZZOMLETTE! Scrambled eggs with cheese and pepperoni. (And that adorable plate that looks like a lemon? 75 cents on clearance at Wal-Mart - I got one that looks like a strawberry, too!)

Another picture from the Lowe's garden center:

And yet another! This is actually one of the zinnias we ended up buying for our mailbox garden.

I took this at the concert. It looks very Narnia to me. :D

There's the strawberry plate! On top of it is a rather wonderful salad I made for myself one recent lunchtime.

I think that'll do it! Hopefully you folks will see me again VERY SOON. If you don't, it's okay to check and see if I'm still breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment